Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024, State Wise List

Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024, State Wise List

Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024 are provided below for NEET aspirants. NEET aspirants can find details on government MBBS seats in India, including category and year-wise analysis.

Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG is the largest medical entrance exam, held annually for over 24 lakh candidates. Due to the high fees at private medical schools, many aspirants aim for government medical seats through NEET. Those seeking to secure a seat in government colleges through NEET 2024 must understand the state-wise MBBS seat distribution.

Follow JKBOSE WhatsApp Channel GET RESULTS ON WHATSAPP

This year, the NEET 2024 cut off has increased significantly. Knowing the NEET 2024 cut off is essential for students to assess their chances of getting a government MBBS seat. Additionally, new MBBS seats have been added with the opening of new medical colleges. NEET offers over 100,000 MBBS seats, 27,868 BDS seats, 52,720 AYUSH seats, and 603 BVSc and AH seats.

According to the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), there are 55,880 MBBS seats available in 386 government medical colleges. Candidates who appeared for NEET UG 2024 can find the complete list of Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024 in the article below.

Total Government MBBS Seats in India Through NEET 2024

Aspiring medical professionals from across the country take the NEET UG exam to achieve their goal of becoming doctors by securing an MBBS seat in medical college. The number of MBBS seats in India varies each year. Government policies and the establishment of new medical colleges influence the total number of MBBS seats, which is projected to increase in 2024. According to the latest NMC data, there are currently 109,048 MBBS seats available in 707 medical colleges, including private and semi-government colleges. The list of total Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024 is as follows:

Whatsapp Group

Whatsapp Group Link 1JOIN WHATSAPP
Whatsapp Group Link 2JOIN WHATSAPP
Whatsapp Group Link 3JOIN WHATSAPP
Total Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024 (Expected)
State/UT Government Colleges Government Seats
Andaman & Nicobar Islands 1 114
Andhra Pradesh 18 3,235
Arunachal Pradesh 1 50
Assam 13 1,550
Bihar 13 1,615
Chandigarh 1 150
Chhattisgarh 10 1,355
Dadra & Nagar Haveli 1 177
Delhi 8 1,247
Goa 1 180
Gujarat 23 4,250
Haryana 6 835
Himachal Pradesh 7 770
Jammu & Kashmir 11 1,239
Jharkhand 7 805
Karnataka 22 3,450
Kerala 12 1,755
Madhya Pradesh 15 2,400
Maharashtra 32 5,125
Manipur 3 375
Meghalaya 1 50
Mizoram 1 100
Nagaland 1 100
Orissa 12 1,675
Puducherry 2 380
Punjab 5 850
Rajasthan 26 3,955
Tamil Nadu 38 5,250
Telangana 28 3,890
Tripura 1 125
Uttar Pradesh 35 4,303
Uttarakhand 5 700
West Bengal 26 3,825
Total 386 55,880

NOTE: The data above, sourced from NMC 2023, is subject to change.

Securing government MBBS seats with a low NEET score in 2024 is challenging with a high NEET Cut off 2024. Consider studying MBBS abroad for affordable fees and attractive benefits. PW AcadFly guides your study abroad journey and enhances your skills for future career growth in your desired country, ensuring long-term career advancement with confidence.

Government MBBS Seats in India

Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024- Category Wise Analysis

This section provides information on the allocation of Government MBBS seats in India across various candidate categories, including General, OBC, SC, ST, and PwD. Government of India has established specific reservation criteria for each of these categories. The table below details the reservation percentages for each candidate category.

Total Government MBBS Seats in India for different categories
Category Reservation Percentage
Total Government MBBS Seats in India for General No Reservation
Total Government MBBS Seats in India for SC 15%
Total Government MBBS Seats in India for ST 7.5%
Total Government MBBS Seats in India for OBC 27%
Total Government MBBS Seats in India for EWS 10%
Total Government MBBS Seats in India for PwD 5%

Note: The provided data is subject to change over time.

Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024 Year Wise Analysis

The table below offers a clear overview of the distribution of government MBBS seats across India from 2017-18 to 2022-23. By examining these trends over the past six years, NEET aspirants can understand how medical admissions through NEET have evolved. This resource is valuable for anyone interested in understanding changes in medical education opportunities over time.

Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024 Year Wise Analysis
Year Government Colleges MBBS Seats
2017-18 237 31,483
2018-19 253 33,893
2019-20 279 42,222
2020-21 289 43,435
2022-23 322 48,212
2023-24 386 55,880 (Expected)

Total Government MBBS Seats in India Through NEET 2024 (For AIQ and State Quota)

In Indian government medical colleges, MBBS seats are allocated into two categories: the All India Quota (AIQ) and the State Quota. Up to 15% of the seats in each government medical college are reserved for AIQ, which are allocated through counselling conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). The remaining 85% of seats, known as State Quota seats, are allocated to candidates domiciled in the respective state who meet the eligibility criteria. Candidates must achieve the NEET 2024 cut off percentile to be considered for seat allocation.

Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024 For AIQ

The table below provides a detailed breakdown of the total government MBBS seats in India available through NEET under the All India Quota (AIQ) category.

Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024 For AIQ
State/UT Total Colleges Total Seats
Andaman & Nicobar 1 15
Andhra Pradesh 12 285
Assam 6 108
Bihar 9 142
Chandigarh 1 15
Chhattisgarh 5 81
Daman & Diu Not applicable Not applicable
Delhi 6 135
Goa 1 22
Gujarat 6 161
Haryana 5 88
Himachal Pradesh 5 75
Jammu & Kashmir Doesn’t participate Doesn’t participate
Jharkhand 3 45
Karnataka 18 412
Kerala 9 194
Madhya Pradesh 6 122
Maharashtra 15 443
Manipur 2 30
Meghalaya 1 8
Odisha 5 126
Puducherry 1 22
Punjab 3 75
Rajasthan 8 220
Sikkim Not applicable Not applicable
Tamil Nadu 24 471
Telangana 7 165
Tripura 1 15
Uttar Pradesh 15 288
Uttarakhand 3 52
West Bengal 14 314
Total 192 4,129

Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024 For State Quota

The table below provides a detailed breakdown of the total government MBBS seats in India available through NEET under the State Quota category.

Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024 For State Quota
State/UT Total Colleges Total Seats
Andaman & Nicobar 1 85
Andhra Pradesh 12 1,615
Assam 6 612
Bihar 9 805
Chandigarh 1 85
Chhattisgarh 5 459
Daman & Diu Not applicable Not applicable
Delhi 3 341
Goa 1 128
Gujarat 6 912
Haryana 5 498
Himachal Pradesh 5 425
Jammu & Kashmir 3 400
Jharkhand 3 255
Karnataka 18 2,336
Kerala 9 1,099
Madhya Pradesh 6 691
Maharashtra 15 2,511
Manipur 2 170
Meghalaya 1 45
Odisha 5 714
Puducherry 1 124
Punjab 3 425
Rajasthan 8 1,247
Sikkim Not applicable Not applicable
Tamil Nadu 24 2,670
Telangana 7 935
Tripura 1 85
Uttar Pradesh 15 1,632
Uttarakhand 3 294
West Bengal 14 1,780
Total 192 23,378

Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024 For Central Universities

The following table provides a breakdown of the total government MBBS seats available in Central Universities through NEET 2024. This includes seats in universities such as Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) in Uttar Pradesh, and Delhi University (DU) in Delhi. The table lists the number of colleges and total seats available for MBBS in these Central Universities.

Government MBBS Seats in India through NEET 2024 For Central Universities
State/UT Universities (Central) Total Colleges Total Seats
Uttar Pradesh BHU & AMU 2 234
Delhi DU 3 490
Total 5 724

NEET UG 2024 Seat Matrix

NEET 2024 Seat Matrix details have been provided by the National Medical Commission (NMC). As per the latest figures, there are around 108,915 MBBS seats available across 706 medical colleges. Among these, around 55,000 seats are in government medical colleges, with the remaining seats available in private medical colleges.

Tamil Nadu has the highest number of NEET seats, totaling about 11,225, followed closely by Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh with approximately 11,020 and 9,253 seats, respectively.

For NEET 2024, the allocation of 15% quota seats will be overseen by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), while the remaining 85% of seats will be managed by state authorities through NEET Counselling 2024.

The Seat Matrix for NEET UG 2024 issued by MCC includes seats under All India Quota (AIQ), as well as seats in institutions like AIIMS, JIPMER, AMU, ESIC for insured persons, deemed universities, and central universities. The NEET 2024 Counselling process will utilize this Seat Matrix for admissions to MBBS/BDS courses.

Physics Wallah is a leading provider of NEET Online Coaching, offering students a complete learning platform to achieve their medical dreams. PW NEET online coaching includes expert guidance, structured lessons, interactive resources, and a supportive community, all designed to help students excel in NEET and begin their journey in medicine. Enroll Now!

Leave a Comment